Feel like someone is snooping on you? Browse anonymously anywhere you go with the Onion Pi Tor proxy. Using this pack of parts and a free weekend you can build a project that uses a Raspberry Pi, a USB WiFi module and Ethernet cable to create a small, low-power and portable privacy Pi.
After it’s built, using it is easy-as-pie. First, plug the Ethernet cable into any Internet provider in your home, work, hotel or conference/event. Next, power up the Pi with the 5V 2A Power Supply . The Pi will boot up and create a new secure wireless access point called Onion Pi. Connecting to that access point will automatically route any web browsing from your computer through the anonymizing Tor network.
As of 12/11/2014 this pack is updated for the Raspberry Pi Model B+
This pack comes with everything you need, $92 of parts for $80! Each order comes with:
- Raspberry Pi Model B+ 512MB RAM – The freshness. The hot off the press, sell-like-hotcake, credit card sized computer with quad USB ports, improved power supply, and additional GPIO pins.
- Adafruit Raspberry Pi B+ Case – Smoke Base / Clear Top – We think it’s the Single Greatest Raspberry Pi Model B+ Case Ever – though our Pi Box Plus is also nothing to scoff at.
- USB WiFi Module – Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- 10 foot Ethernet cable – connect this from your Pi to a router with Internet service
- 5V 2A Switching Power Supply w/ 6′ MicroUSB Cable or 5V 2A Switching Power Supply with USB port + 6′ MicroUSB Cable – The 5V 2A power adapter is the perfect choice for powering your Raspberry Pi B+ with 2 Amps of current output, and an extra long cord.
- USB console cable – good for debugging and setting upAdafruit Part Number: 1410
Stock Type: Raspberry Pi >> Packs >> Raspberry Pi B+
In Stock & Ready to Ship